Friday 21 December 2012

Roots before the eyes

It didn't rain today and has been pretty mild, so spent the day digging ground elder out of my central flower bed.   Maybe it's just me, but I always find that if I have spent the day battling with an insidious enemy of the spreading root variety (read ground elder (home) or bindweed (allotment)), when I finally close my eyes at night, I vividly see the root to which I have been dealing death all day.  It's more than just thinking about it, I do actually see it in my head when I try to get to sleep.  Does anyone else experience this, or am I just a weirdo?

Planted more anemone corms as I picked them up cheap at the garden centre yesterday - a bit late maybe, but for a pound a packet, it's worth a go.  Judging by the popularity of my anemone coronaria 'Sylphide' pin, lots of people share my love of these cheerful blooms.


2 comments:

  1. O no, ground elder, it's a nuisance. A good idea to spend a dark, grey day digging up roots of this weed. It gives so much satisfaction, but for how long......Don't dream of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sign of how much I like the house that I even contemplated buying it - I remember looking around and saying "Can't believe I'm about to buy a garden full of ground elder". That was six years ago and the war has been constant!

      Delete